• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  my kingdom come undone

── and i was never sure whether you were the lighthouse or the storm ──
    She can hear someone approaching, and at first, she does not move.

She listens to the sound the grass makes as it is parted, the odd rhythm to the steps that imply there is something slightly off about the gait of whoever it is. It makes her certain that it is not someone that she knows, and for a moment she marvels at the fact that this skill was so quickly recalled, even though she had not needed it in years. She has learned to read footsteps and heartbeats, learned to match the quiet inhale and exhale patterns as though they are faces. She has learned to rely on so many things other than sight, but it did not mean she missed it any less.

She adapts so easily to being blind again, and part of her wishes that she didn’t.

There is a part of her that wishes she could have at least held onto the fear of stumbling in the dark instead of picking up the threads of an old life, that she could have at least had something to preoccupy her mind other than the haunted thoughts and the searing pain that flares in her ribcage with each pulse. She wishes there was anything to chase Atrox from her mind, that something else might fill up the dark besides him.

Fear has always been her favorite distraction, but right now there is simply nothing; just a hazy feeling of gray that she cannot escape.

Her head turns to the sound of the voice, and she considers what the stranger says. The voice is unfamiliar, and though she cannot make sense of what she says she is secretly grateful that the first words out of her mouth did not involve something about her lack of eyes.

It had been a pleasant break for everyone to focus instead on her personality flaws rather than her physical ones.

“Who is coming?” She asks, her small head now tilted just slightly. She takes a step towards the other mare, likely not as hesitant as she should be, or at least not as much as one might expect a blind angel to be.

She doesn’t have a reason to be afraid, not yet, and even then fear has only ever drew her in instead of driven her away.
    ryatah

@[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    my kingdom come undone - by Ryatah - 07-26-2020, 05:41 PM
    RE: my kingdom come undone - by Sabra - 07-27-2020, 01:51 PM
    RE: my kingdom come undone - by Ryatah - 08-02-2020, 07:17 PM