• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  my kingdom come undone
    I am... not in the forest anymore. I don't think so, anyway. The trees have gotten smaller and less colorful, a greenscale of new leaves and old bark. I'm thin again, any weight gained with childbearing shed in my bid to starve out the Voices in my mind. A beautiful crystal skeleton is what steps from the woods and into the phobic open. 

The light hurts my eyes. Its so much brighter than I remember it, so much hotter. Little white knives of pain make me shut them tight while I try to remember where I am, and why. From one side to the other I sway as I think, fighting through the fog in my mind. The rod of darkly stained wood in my chest swings in time with me. A constant, tangible reminder that I'm broken. 

When I open my eyes again, they water but do not hurt as badly. I can see bright light and emerald green, and a sky as far away as the deepest ocean floor. My own wings hang by my sides, ragged and moulting their pastel plumage. Too worn to carry me anymore. So I walk instead, and let the deep grassy meadow engulf me. 

The light begins to resolve in my sight, and a gasp of surprise leaves me. A mare. Familiar, I think. An angel I've met before, who came and went from my life like a breath of wind. Not that I can call that a distinguishing feature. Not when it describes all I've met. Still, an angel. There's no mistaking them. 

With crooked, halting steps, I approach her. Jauntily, I think, but the effect is likely more that of a walking pile of bones. Macabre, uneven. "They're coming, you know." I announce, quite certain suddenly. I stumble to a halt and look behind me, the glimpse of shadowy figures ever at my back. Always, I am followed. They whisper in my ears when I sleep, and tangle my mane and tail when I'm not looking. This angel looks like she should be warned. 

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    my kingdom come undone - by Ryatah - 07-26-2020, 05:41 PM
    RE: my kingdom come undone - by Sabra - 07-27-2020, 01:51 PM
    RE: my kingdom come undone - by Ryatah - 08-02-2020, 07:17 PM