• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  won't let it go down until we torch it ourselves
    Her smile, her eyes - it's uncanny; but should he have any sort of gut feelings, suspicions, about her heritage, he chooses to put all that away behind a wall of ice, somewhere deep down where his love and his hurt can stay frozen like they have been for so long. On one hand, he has to know - what happened to her, what she was like, where she is now - on the other, he doesn't want to set things in motion; things that could be more hurtful than what he already knows.

Nevertheless, she is sympathetic, in a way that he starts to wonder how she sees her father, her family - perhaps some of his children aren't as brainwashed, some just want to go about and live their lives. He nods when she talks about her mother, though; tilts his head then at her grin. Something sad washes over his face when he regards her smile - so recognizable; so warm. Eurwen does a similar thing, he cannot deny. "She must have been kind." he comments, his soft tone of voice and distant eyes indicating he is not currently in the present. Yet the conversation continues, switches to the topic of him, and he focuses his gaze back on the young mare with a wry smile. "Yes - I prefer the cold above any sort of heat, or other elements." he somewhat-clarifies, shrugging a bit.

She is silent awhile, her face frowning, and he looks away. There's so much going on behind those eyes - insecurities, self-doubt, turning to self-loathing sometimes when he wasn't careful enough; he'd always had to challenge those bad thoughts of hers. He'd do the same now, but... no. Ice. Walls. Serenity. It's a coincidence.

But she has the right age.

"I wanted to explore Beqanna," - with that, he has something else to focus on, and watches her with some kind of relief, then a small grin tugs at the corners of his mouth. "I never stopped exploring. Don't let others tell you what is right or wrong - if you want to see the Isle, you go see it." His head nods towards the ice-and-moss plains. "Night is the best time though, if you can spare the hours. You wouldn't want to miss out on the Aurora." he continues; as if nothing about her speaks to him, and she is just a regular young visitor. Heck, she might even like to see Nash and Cinder, too, before she goes.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Lumina]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: won't let it go down until we torch it ourselves - by Leilan - 08-15-2020, 02:30 PM