• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i left my daydreams at the gate; gar, any
    Father’s rage had been great when he realized that Yadigar had turned up missing, though he did his best to hide it from Mother and the girls. Clarissa indeed produced another egg after the previous fall, and Virgil had hatched just a few months past. Ciri knows that Father suspects Gar of leaving of his own free will - they have safety nets in place if someone that doesn’t belong crosses the border, and Gospel would have notified Ghaul the moment an intruder stole away the prince.

It is a good thing that Father cannot read minds, and that he spends much of his time in Pangea, anyways; Ciri has a guilty conscience, and keeping the truth even from Asphyxea is proving to be harder than she could ever imagine. She is certain that if Clarissa were not so enthralled with the newborn Virgil, that she too would be suspicious of her daughter.

It is under the cover of darkness that Cirilla finally flits away from the nest, pressing a kiss to Phyx’s temple before she goes. The girl stirs in her sleep but doesn’t awaken, and Ciri leaves silently, projecting an aura of peace over her sleeping family as she slinks away. A flood of tears threaten to fall as she stares at them all, memorizing their faces and hoping that one day, Mother and her siblings will choose to join them.

She doesn’t meet Tarte at the border, as they had been talking about for so many days now; she finds that when she reaches the border of Pangea she cannot stop, as she is afraid that her fear will force her to turn back. She treks carefully along the beaches of Hyaline, knowing that the ruler here must be fierce, as Father would not have allowed the leadership to go to anyone meek or tame. She wonders if the panther-stallion will find her, and if he will see the yearling as a princess or just as a piece of prey.

Fortunately, luck is on her side and she makes it through Hyaline unscathed, coming only to a stop when the mountains are but a mere shadow behind her and even the pine forest of Taiga is beginning to fade in the distance. She knows that this new, strange land must be Nerine, where her brother had told her to find him, but suddenly she feels very scared and very, very alone in a new, strange place.

cirilla
    my sky's not blue, it's violent rain.

@[yadigar]

Messages In This Thread
    i left my daydreams at the gate; gar, any - by cirilla - 07-18-2020, 09:32 PM