• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it was not your fault but mine
    With his mother newly returned to Taiga, Nashua thought that it would mean his upcoming wardship on the Isle would be easier. He thought it would be easier to go knowing that she was back where she rightfully belonged. Nash could start those ‘grand adventures’ he had spent the first two years of his life dreaming of.

So why then, when those adventures are literally days away, does he feel so conflicted about leaving? 

’Go,’ Lilliana had told him earlier in the day and Nash had smiled apprehensively at her. ’You’re sure?’ he had asked, both mother and son seeming to still be adjusting that one had to look down to the other now. He hadn’t been aware of how much he had grown, how much smaller his mother had seemed, until her arrival. (All Yanhua did was grow and Nash was used to having to look up to his younger brother now.) 

If he wasn’t there, Yan could be. 

The flight from the Taigan coast to the higher of ledges of Nerine doesn’t take him long. He could have taken the journey on hoof but then part of Nashua has always been a show-off and the young pegasus is proud of his wings, regardless if they came from Wolfbane or Karasu. In the spring sunshine, he is a chestnut gleam in the sky. The journey doesn’t take him long; a few strokes of his wings and some time spent in quiet thought as he soars and Nerine comes into view below him. 

There is no mistaking the grey cliffs below him and Nash takes his time, turning away from the coast and gliding towards the heart of the kingdom. Perhaps he’ll find Ama or Fechin. Brienna was always a funny face from his youth. It’s been some time since he has seen Neverwhere or Eurwen and there is always the thought that he might spy his guardian, his Aunt Brazen. 

What he spies when he looks down, though, is none of them. 

Curious (always curious, inquisitive Nashua), he turns and lands with enough agility that he thinks even Celina might be proud of (though there is still quite a bit of noise). It makes his smile turn lopsided as he regards the alabaster pegasus as he approaches. ”You didn’t mean to be such a downfall, did you?” He teases, stopping before her. ”I’m Nash. I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before.”

nashua
    and the days you defend will turn to gold
    html by castlegraphics; art by KHARTHIAN

@[Noel]
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 07-17-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-14-2020, 05:03 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-15-2020, 07:44 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-20-2020, 12:36 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-21-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-24-2020, 04:01 PM