• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam)

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

The hum of his voice coincides and resonates with the sound of insects in the background, the softness of his touches sending tingles down her skin being alleviated by the soft touch of the water on her legs. It’s only when he moves a leg to reposition - no doubt to continue their grooming - that a tiny ripple makes it to the underside of her belly, and she is reminded of what she was going to say anyway. Her head twitches sideways a little, and his preposterous suggestions go a little unanswered - in a way. ”About that,” she starts, then shuts up for a moment as he continues his caresses. There is time - but he should know.

She cannot lengthen the pause too much though - just long enough for him to hopefully start realizing he should pay attention, just about long enough for her to recollect the words she wants to use. Her heartbeat quickens, not just from his touch, and she decides on a deep breath, first. ”Svedka, we’re going to be a family.” she says it quickly and in one breath, like ripping off a band-aid. Not at all because she doesn’t fancy the idea - it had been a certainty at some point, even before she felt her body change; though she cannot remember what told her that she knew. But it’s those thoughts, these things that she knew earlier - that he’s a free and wild spirit, and that this might change him in some way - she doesn’t want him to be any other way, because it’s that kind of freedom that she fell for in the first place.

Amber eyes try to match the blue on his face, hoping to catch the first glimmer of realization, and it’s underlying emotion. Honestly, she will love her child no matter what he thinks of it, but she just wants to be sure about what he wants. ”I don’t want to keep you.” she finally voices, her tone more hoarse and soft than she’d intended. Sometimes he smells of the weirdest places in the morning, sometimes of other horses too. She couldn’t care less as long as he made it back at some point, but a child... a child might tie him down in ways she cannot imagine.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

@[Svedka]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-03-2020, 07:44 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-13-2020, 03:06 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-05-2020, 01:04 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-14-2020, 07:42 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 09-05-2020, 03:58 PM