• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  shadows fall over my heart;
    Nilam
    The stallion on the riverbank... he is something else. Something alike. A predator in perhaps a less literal sense of the word than goes for her; but honestly she doesn’t care. It’s the victim, the girl, that she is more interested in; girls, especially pretty ones, seem to be ones she usually... likes instead of just... discards. That stallion, were he not a predator in every sense of the word that she recognized, might have been in more trouble where it concerned Nilam-the-monster. ”There are, indeed,” she admits casually when he mentions that there are monsters. ”They only look different from the ones you already know?” she ends her sentence in a bit of a question, guessing at the girl’s jumpiness and not wanting to go home. ”I could take you to my home’s waters, if that’s better with you.” she offers the girl - then regards the stallion, her eyes saying you too, I suppose, in one shrugging motion of her half-submerged body.

The stallion asks the question that Nilam doesn’t think Cineres - if that’s her name then - wants to answer, wants to think about. For now, she lets it happen, but should he scare her away she will have to intervene the next time. There is always a next time for Nilam... perhaps, she wonders, she should ‘save’ the girl from a monster. As long as he doesn’t know about her little sideways gift, she can try and endless amount of times anyway.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Cineres]

Messages In This Thread
    shadows fall over my heart; - by Cineres - 07-02-2020, 03:21 AM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by cringe - 07-03-2020, 07:33 PM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by Nilam - 07-05-2020, 08:53 AM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by Cineres - 07-11-2020, 04:20 AM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by cringe - 07-22-2020, 06:30 PM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by Nilam - 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM