• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I can't afford fire, but I keep myself warm; any
    Winter has come, and with it comes the ice dragon. Or, well, so he likes to say to people. In reality, it's just his wanderlust driving him southwards, because when you live as far north as one can go, everything is south. Logic can't be helped when it's just true, though honestly if anyone called him logical he'd laugh them away. Sure, he has some sense of right, wrong, and truths. Ignoring it is much more fun, however.

He takes to the Field because... because why not? He hasn't been in a while, and it might be fun to see who is desperate enough to look for a home in winter. After all, Leilan only needs -wants- the recruits that can live with the winter in the north - perpetual cold and only tough, rather tasteless greens to feed on. Himself, he flies to other places easily - like this Field - but he knows many others prefer not to move around so much.

How they live like that, he cannot truly imagine. He tried it once. Failed after a roughly three years of trying. It's just too boring.

When he approaches the Field, Leilan has long since shifted back. His silvery wings carry his normal (but super handsome of course) horse body, and as he folds them back, he lets them shrink back into his shoulders like they were never there. He's terrible enough by himself that he doesn't need to scare others away with his large reptilian form.

His ice scales still gleam in the winter moonlight as he approaches two women, one with a child (sort of loosely attached, seeing how he runs around), and one who may or may not be carrying - he digresses, it's not his place to ask questions. Stopping short before even speaking to them, he lets his attention be caught instead by the young colt, fluttering around with butterfly wings not unlike his dam. "Hello, you." he chuckles at the kid, not sure what exactly had caught his attention but certain that it is probably much more interesting than the adult conversation, as children usually are. "Your mom looks distracted. Want to go and surprise her?" he offers - nudges the snow away to where a bunch of early snowdrops can be found. Perhaps a little gift? It's probably better than counting stars, he figures.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[evarae] uhm so yes hi he's here to entertain kids apparently instead of recruiting? Or as a sideways job idk
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can't afford fire, but I keep myself warm; any - by Leilan - 07-15-2020, 01:28 PM