• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know I need us more than I need me // colby-pon

She doesn’t notice the way he looks at her, because it is not the worry she is accustomed to. Most often, someone takes a look at her fragile, glass body, and all they can worry about is her breaking. She can’t really fault them for that, she supposes. It would not take much for her to shatter, even if she has convinced herself she is stronger than she really is. Her intangibility can only get her so far. There was always a chance it would not be there when she needed it most.

And there was always a chance that delicate glass heart of hers would break long before her body did.

The branch protruding from his shoulder distracted her enough that she only just barely noticed how pretty he was; she recognizes the faint sheen to his skin and the glowing starlight in his mane and tail. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she thinks she wants to ask him how he managed to be made of the night sky, but he gives her permission to remove the branch and her attention shifts.

“Okay, um, this is....probably going to hurt,” she tells him apologetically. Grasping the offending limb in a place relatively close to his body, she takes a deep breath, and with all the strength she can muster gives a firm, sharp yank.

It doesn’t come out quite as easy as she had imagined, but she does get it out, and she tells herself that’s the part that really matters. Her lilac eyes widen a little when blood starts dripping from the now open wound, and reflexively she wipes it away with her glass muzzle. “I’m sorry, but I’m pretty sure it will stop bleeding soon, and at least now it can start healing, and it probably feels better not being stuck in your shoulder, right?” The words spill from her mouth like water, her eyes now brimming with concern, desperately searching for any sign that he didn’t think she had just made his injury worse.

I don’t believe that anybody
    feels the way I do about you now
    H  O  U  R  G  L  A S S

@[Indius]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // colby-pon - by Hourglass - 07-22-2020, 01:48 PM