• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  won't you help me recover?
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean is peaceful as they wake in the early morning light and begin the trip to their new home. There is nothing simmering in his blood—nothing to speak of anxiety or misgivings. He had voiced his potential concern of how the reunion may for Pteron but the pegasus had helped alleviate them easily—and who was Aegean to disagree? If Pteron believed this would go smoothly, he was inclined to agree.

He certainly had no reason to be anxious of his own accord.

So he smiles as they make their way down the beach, watching as their children groggily follow behind. Asena, naturally, shows her excitement first and Aegean smiles down at the girl—thrilled to see her so clearly happy to see the Ischians. Aureus, however, is more withdrawn and he regards the group with his typical somber face, the seriousness of the youthful features grave, although Aegean knows that the boy is simply studying them as he usually does all things. It is not an unkind thing, although it looks harsh.

To ease his shy son’s arrival, Aegean begins to craft an illusion of forest creatures. The deer walk up his son’s side and the rabbits hop around his feet. His son smiles up at him, more genuine than before, and Aegean lets the creatures begin to wander forward before they explode into a display of aquatic counterparts. Fish begin to swim through the air—brilliant in color, swooping around the island residents. They swim in lazy circles above them before dipping underneath Halcyon’s belly, touching his nose, and then swimming upward into the sun, slowly disappearing into the rays of light.

Aegean reaches over to brush a light kiss to Pteron’s shoulder as he introduces them before bringing his dark purple gaze to them. “I have heard so much of all of you. It’s a pleasure to meet you finally.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Halcyon]

Messages In This Thread
    won't you help me recover? - by Halcyon - 06-25-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Aquaria - 06-26-2020, 06:48 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Pteron - 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by aegean - 06-29-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Halcyon - 07-10-2020, 11:09 AM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Aquaria - 07-14-2020, 06:23 PM