• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  won't you help me recover?

halcyon
    a tight-pressed line keeping
    a wildfire on the inside

The leaves on the mainland have begun to change. Halcyon knows this because he finds the energy to make a weekly swim across the channel ─ just to check. Uncle Pteron had promised to bring his family to the island kingdom at the turn of the season and now it's finally time. The tiger-shifter is halfway through his third year, and has used his young adulthood to explore his own independence, ensuring that he spends enough time in Ischia to help protect the shores and enough time across the salty arroyo to offer a home to those who seem to be looking.

It's also a great excuse for his frequent trips ─ his dam has much on her plate, with her duties as Dame and as a mother to his younger siblings, and he had very intentionally kept from mentioning Pteron's agreement to move to Ischia in the autumn. He had simply told Aquaria that his uncle had been noncommittal at the request, though not unkind, and that Halcyon had intended to visit him again a few months later.

On the subject of his new twin siblings, the young man hasn't yet questioned where they had come from ─ much like Cormorant, they had just appeared, and so continues Halcyon's skewed perspective on childbearing ─ which, in turn, makes him quite giddy for Uncle Pteron to meet the both of them and Cormorant.

Not to mention the family that the man had mentioned ─ Aegean, and their children.

Surely, Aquaria would be proud of his recruiting skills, and ecstatic to see Pteron once again. “Mom,” he greets her in their small cove, a warm smile on his feline face, “Come with me.” He turns leisurely on his padded paws and falls in step with the finned woman, leading her, meandering, towards the eastern shore. He had smelled Pteron on the wind, his predator's nostrils extra beneficial today, and leads his mother towards the water in hopes that they will arrive just before Pteron and his family reach the shoreline.

“I have a surprise for you.”

@[Aquaria] @[Pteron] @[aegean]
    “”

n | r

Messages In This Thread
    won't you help me recover? - by Halcyon - 06-25-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Aquaria - 06-26-2020, 06:48 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Pteron - 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by aegean - 06-29-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Halcyon - 07-10-2020, 11:09 AM
    RE: won't you help me recover? - by Aquaria - 07-14-2020, 06:23 PM