• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

maybe its for the best
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

She is not unfamiliar with the crushing weight of disappointment. Though she knows nothing of his struggles, she can relate to the pain that he feels if nothing else (not that she knows of it yet, either). Still, she has lived a life of disappointments and has never managed to crawl out from beneath them.

The way he skitters back from her catches her attention though, makes her wonder what life this child has led so far. She is not a scary thing, and she does not know how he sees and so cannot know how strange the illusion is to him as it disappears. Though what she finds most shocking is how someone, the size and make of him, can be afraid of anything at all. What horror has he lived that he is so fearful?

”I have come to the belief that to believe something real usually makes it so. And I have spent much of my life thinking on the matter.” She doesn’t quite elaborate, given that she has never been particularly good at small talk or realizing that context is helpful. Telling people she is an illusionist would probably be helpful, but she never thinks of it really.

He seems to relax though, offering his name and taking a step forward. Ori has always been terrible at making friends, though she could use some in her life. Maybe she’ll do better with children then she does with adults (not that she speaks to very many horses at all lately). “I am Ori. Where are you from, Yadigar? I have not seen you in this area before.” Not that she has some claim to having seen all the nomads of Beqanna, but she has spent some time here now and many of the faces were familiar.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@[yadigar]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    maybe its for the best - by Oriash - 06-22-2020, 02:19 PM
    RE: maybe its for the best - by yadigar - 06-24-2020, 06:34 PM
    RE: maybe its for the best - by Oriash - 07-02-2020, 05:58 PM
    RE: maybe its for the best - by yadigar - 07-16-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: maybe its for the best - by Oriash - 08-02-2020, 11:10 AM