• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Gourd of the Rings [any]

Florian's mood could best be described as incandescent and he barely pauses to ask the stallion about the Fairies. He nods eagerly in agreement when Aodhan says his Fairy had been pretty - indeed she was lovely. She had not been blue, though, but small and white with a mane and tail of braided wisteria blossoms in miniature. A different one, perhaps - is it madder to assume that there is more than one, or that there is not and that Beqanna is ruled by one entity that takes hundreds of forms? The question threatens to dim his brightness with a new curiosity, so he pushes it away for now, and grins again at the stallion before him, flashing white teeth with a childish laugh, his young voice still pitched high.

"I wasn't given a quest," and this does give him pause, his head tipping slightly left as he considers it because he knows that this is not usually the way, "I went to ask for a way to protect myself, and instead she took away my reason for needing protection."

This statement makes him feel very brave, despite the way his youth is written across his body, and he arches his neck, shifting his weight forward to puff out his chest. A family curse wiped away, something that lurked in his blood, his father's blood, plucked out, is it any wonder he is so happy? Perhaps he should be more cautious, perhaps he should be suspicious, certainly, others might mistrust the generosity of a creature known to be tricky and fickle, but the colt is a creature of good faith

"My dad's lived with our curse for years," the boy dances in place, dropping the proud stance of just moments before, "I can't wait to tell him that the Fairies can just fix it. Easy as blinking!" He stops his jigging to peer up at Aodhan with one ear turned back curiously, " I did think it would be harder than that, but she was so nice."

And then the boy shrugs it away, "@[Aodhan]. My name is Florian. Why did you go to the Mountain? Did you have a curse, too?"

Oh. My. Gourd.
    Image by Tekke-Draws

Messages In This Thread
    Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 06-21-2020, 05:28 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 07-04-2020, 03:00 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 07-12-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 07-14-2020, 01:03 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 07-29-2020, 10:07 AM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 08-14-2020, 08:06 AM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 08-19-2020, 09:49 AM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 08-22-2020, 11:02 AM