• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  into the sun

When she sees Brunhilde, she feels the joy like a physical caress - feels the affection for this other mare like an inferno. One she welcomes. She stares, openly and appreciatively, as she approaches - relishes in the sound of her name on Brunhilde’s tongue. It does not escape her notice that Brunhilde is looking healthier, the sharpness of her bones not as noticeable.

Vastra has not been around enough pregnant mares to spot one when she sees one - does not even recall her own pregnancy all those years ago. Perhaps that is for the best - for she would have been consumed by bitter jealousy. Instead, she gets to focus on the embrace she is greeted with, ears pricking at the promise of a surprise.

She’s worried, but thankfully it does not stew for long.

When it hits her, the smile that lights up Vastra’s storm-grey eyes is unlike any she has experienced in her entire life. Nothing predating this very moment compares to this rush of happiness. She whinnies for joy, laughter interrupting the sound as she steps forward to nuzzle Brunhilde’s neck, and then out of their embrace to nuzzle gently, reverently, at the very sides of her belly. “Brunhilde this is… this is wonderful.” Vastra doesn’t understand how this could happen but she is too amazed to think about it too much.

It is chased quickly by fear, and she backs up so she is facing the fiery mare once more - a fierce determination in her gaze now. “I will never let anything happen to you - either of you - for as long as I live. I promise that.”

v a s t r a

artwork by space1993

@[brunhilde]

Messages In This Thread
    into the sun - by Vastra - 06-18-2020, 11:02 PM
    RE: into the sun - by brunhilde - 06-27-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: into the sun - by Vastra - 07-03-2020, 08:05 PM