• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high | aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean has never known jealousy in regards to Pteron. Whether it was hearing he had a wife or hearing of his exploits with Aquaria or his flirtations with his Uncle, such things as jealousy have never truly touched his mind. He knew despair when Pteron was ripped from his life—the touch of true, unending sorrow at the thought of it—but never jealousy. Never the desire to keep him locked away for good.

So he feels nothing of the kind when he hears this latest revelation.

The poetic lines of his face tilt to the side and his amethyst eyes grow a touch more somber. “A young boy,” he says, thoughtful as the implications become clear to him. He says nothing for a moment, letting the thought settle and wondering at what that would mean for them both, but more concerned what it would mean for Pteron. His sweet Pteron who carried the world on his shoulders.

Aegean knew just how much guilt the other would carry for missing out on another important person’s years. How much he blamed himself for things beyond his control. So he doesn’t delay the conversation further. He simply steps into Pteron’s space even closer, letting his chest rest against the pegasus’ and letting his lips wander down the other’s spine. “I think it would be marvelous to find family there.”

His voice is quiet as he explore’s the knotted muscles and ridges of Pteron’s back, his glowing lips sweeping over the flesh and smoothing the hair. “It would be a gift for you to share in his life,” he speaks of the boy. It does not cross his mind that Aquaria would be anything but delighted for Pteron’s return or that she would be anything but overjoyed to share their son with Pteron so he doesn’t touch on it.

“How soon would you like to make the journey?”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high | aegean - by aegean - 06-17-2020, 12:12 AM