• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high | aegean
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Pteron canters a few paces behind Asena, following the pale filly as she weaves her way through the Tephran jungle. Though he feels the loamy soil beneath his hooves, what he sees in front of him is one of Tephra’s long beaches. Asena spins the illusion as she runs, and while he can sometimes catch flashes of greenery or animal life she had moved to quickly to cover, he is still impressed by her skill.

He tells her so as he ruffles the purple and white tufts of her mane. Asena responds by laughing and butting the nubs of her soft antlers against her father’s chest. Pteron grumbles at that, having reminded her often that they are growing and could prick someone if she’s not careful, but he can tell she is being gentle and says nothing aloud. Pteron had found Asena playing in a stream not long after he’d returned from the Forest, and had asked his youngest daughter where her father was. She had offered to lead him – and show him her new trick – and he had accepted.

Aegean’s smell is strong here in the thicket where they often rest, and Pteron sees him through the tangle of greenery, whickering a call long before he is near enough to brush his lips against the stallion’s glowing cheek. “I have wonderful news,” he says before drawing back just far enough that their breaths mingle easily in the warm summer air. “I’ve been recruited to Ischia, to mentor Halcyon.” Pteron has told Aegean of Halcyon, and of his relationship with his mother, Aquaria, hiding nothing. “Aquaria has recently become the Dame of the island and is understandably busy. I told Hal yes.”

Now Pteron waits for a reply, though he is sure that Aegean will be as excited as he is. After a moment he adds, just in case listing the benefits might help: “The kids will love it there, and I’ll have something to do, and we’ll still be close enough to your family here to visit any time.”
    @[aegean]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    i've never fallen from quite this high | aegean - by Pteron - 06-14-2020, 12:12 PM