• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

softly going around here; savage-pony
    be still, my foolish heart
    don't ruin this for me

She can feel them, if only just barely. The way they bump along her glass and then fold their wings, skitter across her surface with their sticky feet. The sensation deepens her dreamy grin and she turns her fine head to look at them. Thinks how wonderful it is that her sun-girl’s bees should be just as fond of her. She wants to touch them, to breathe them, to know them as intimately as the sun-girl must, but she does not dare disturb them. So she only watches, transfixed, her grin frozen on her face.

Her sun-girl tells her that the bees love her, too, and her heart leaps and spasms and she exhales a breathless laugh. Her eyes are bright with delight when she finally drags her focus back to the girl’s face. The flowers and the honey in her hair. And isn’t this just the most incredible, amazing thing? How full her young heart as she revels in the joy of it all. Unfettered.

She feels flush with heat. She has never felt so vibrant. She is so painfully alive in that moment. They are all awash in beauty and the purest form of love. It makes her dizzy.

They are wonderful,” she murmurs sweetly. And she means to say, you are wonderful, too, please don’t ever leave me but she doesn’t. It is not shyness that stops her but something else entirely. Something she doesn’t have a name for but sits heavy in her chest all the same.

But it cannot rob her of her happiness. Or the way her heart soars when they touch. When her sun-girl smiles at her like that and tells her her name. Pollen. The thing the bees crave the most. And she craves her, too, she finds but does not know how to say this out loud either.

She reaches out to nudge Pollen’s shoulder then, gently. Lingers there a long moment. “Clementia,” she murmurs into the sun-soaked shoulder. Her father had told her it meant mercy. Salvation. “My name is Clementia.

She lifts her head then, searching Pollen’s face. “Did I dream you?

clementia

@[Pollen]

Messages In This Thread
    softly going around here; savage-pony - by Pollen - 06-13-2020, 05:42 PM
    RE: softly going around here; savage-pony - by clementia - 10-14-2020, 03:09 PM