• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Filtered Sunlight | Bruja
    I'm meaner than my demons
    I'm bigger than these bones

Astra's smile widened as he spoke, and she couldn't help but hop in place with delight when he agreed to try showing her a mole, even though he said it so funny, she thought.

"Really? You can try to bring a WHOLE mole out of the water? I gotta see!" Her voice was louder now, and it was becoming difficult for her to contain her excitement - that is, until he asked her where she was. Astra's small head shook quickly, causing her longer ears to wiggle as she did so.

"Nope! I don't know where this is!" She stomped a hoof in the water to gesture as she spoke, "but I do know where I'm trying to go! I'm trying to find my mother, so wherever she is, that's where I'm going!" Small chest puffed up in confidence as she raised her head again to look at him, but once again her expression quickly changed to mix of sadness and confusion.

"Well...That is, she has to be here SOMEWHERE. I don't remember where I came from, or where my mom went, but I remember what she looks like! She has four legs....Uhm....Wings, and she's white....And her eyes look really kind! She looks like a mommy!" Her voice was filled with pride at all the details she had remembered, sometimes she heard voices that tried to convince her that she was wrong, that her mother wasn't here at all, or that she wasn't remembering correctly, but she brushed them off as best she could. She knew her mother better than she knew anyone else, and she was determined to prove that she remembered her.

Blue, glimmering eyes looked at him in confusion when he mentioned taking her somewhere safer, though. Safer? She hadn't realized this place was dangerous, but as she looked to where he nodded, she saw the rapids in the distance, and felt a cold chill up her spine. Astra hadn't even been paying attention to them before, she hadn't noticed them at all. If she had kept following the fish and not concentrating on how close she was getting to the rapids, she probably would have been washed away instantly, her small legs wouldn't be able to beat the rough currents of the river.

"Oh...Well...I guess she's not here, so I guess we can go somewhere else! Where do you wanna go? Should we play hide and seek?" She gazed at him with curious eyes, excited for new adventures.

TAMASHI

@[Cormorant]

Messages In This Thread
    Filtered Sunlight | Bruja - by Astra Daggenhardt - 06-10-2020, 08:10 PM
    RE: Filtered Sunlight | Bruja - by Cormorant - 06-12-2020, 08:45 AM
    RE: Filtered Sunlight | Bruja - by Cormorant - 06-12-2020, 08:50 PM
    RE: Filtered Sunlight | Bruja - by Cormorant - 06-17-2020, 02:09 PM
    RE: Filtered Sunlight | Bruja - by Cormorant - 06-29-2020, 08:07 PM
    RE: Filtered Sunlight | Bruja - by Astra Daggenhardt - 06-30-2020, 09:45 PM