• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars and shadows ain't good to see by [Eurwen]
    The secret of walking on water is knowing where the rocks lie
    Eurwen

The moment she tells Beryl of her troubles, it seems like she takes it up as a task, a quest - there is not a moment’s hesitation for the palomino to take up the spotted mare’s request, and suddenly she does see her father’s hand in her upbringing. There are of course different ways to her - a different appearance, of course, if there was no blood relation. But she smiles inside nonetheless, thinking not everything that her mother once taught her, and him as well she believes, has gone forgotten.

She loses herself for a short moment in her musings, while her newly found sister ponders over the people she knows. The star marking - or sun marking - on Lilli’s chest will have to be enough, Wen thinks, because honestly Beryl is right that there are many chestnuts.

She jerks up with Beryl’s question. ”If she doesn’t want to come home, she would have told me. If you find her and she tells you she doesn’t, though, just let her know that I’m worried and I miss her.” She swallows hard with the idea, but no, she refuses to believe that Lilli’s disappearance was on purpose - without a trace, without so much as a goodbye. Her friend wouldn’t do that if she didn’t have a very, very good reason. Something must have happened, and she cannot shake the ominous feeling before she gets reassurance. ”Can you drop me on the Isle before you go? You don’t have to if you don’t want to but it would make it easier for me to find him.” She doesn’t have to say who - they both know that for a Nerinian to go to the Isle there is usually but one reason. An audience with her dragon father is long overdue. There’s thing she needs to discuss with him - things she needs to ask, just as she just asked Beryl.

She’ll go out of her way to have her friend safe, and that may mean sending out a dragon, as well.

@[Beryl] we can end it here if you like?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Stars and shadows ain't good to see by [Eurwen] - by Eurwen - 07-24-2020, 06:21 AM