• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie
    let me die on your altar, sweet death in agony for you.
    His mother tried to keep all her children close by after what happened to Prayer. She wouldn’t say it aloud, not when they were all still so young, but he had seen the images in her mind and heard the way she screamed in her memories. Watching her firstborn die like that had irreparably changed her.

But now with his sister returned to her, she has allowed Eucharist to roam freely throughout Beqanna. It would be a lie to say he hasn’t thought of the blind girl from the meadow despite the way he tried to prune emotions from himself. He’d seen what love had done to his family and he wanted no part of it.

And yet.
    And yet, he thought of her.

He lifts his head from idle grazing when he hears someone call his name and he finds himself rather startled by the girl who speaks it. There is no blue-white stare gazing aimlessly back at him. Eucharist tells himself he’s gotten his hopes up, this couldn’t possibly be her. But he runs his fingers through her thoughts and his voice echoes through her mind. He takes a step back. There is so little he fears in a world that can do so little to harm him, but he cannot heal himself of the way his knees tremble near her.

Oh. It’s you,” he mumbles, trying to force a calm and collected smile onto his face. This normally works with everyone else but he is surprised at the way a nervous laugh tumbles from him. “What uh.. What brings you.. here?

He clears his throat and stares at her lips to avoid her eyes a little better.
    @[caledonia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie - by eucharist - 06-12-2020, 09:43 PM