• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

walking on sunshine; balto

i’ve been both a saint & a viper

He feels as whole as a broken thing like him could possibly be. In a desperate, fleeting moment he grasps hopefully at this feeling of normalcy, of clarity. It’s like she has brought the world into focus, chasing away all of the demons into their dark crevices and reminding him that he simply is, not a puppet on strings. She has no clue how much her presence means to him - or perhaps she does know, in the way he caresses her and greedily presses his mouth against her, swallowing up her electrifying presence as if his life depended on it.

Maybe it did.

“I’m a broken man,” he confesses through trembling lips, a deep sigh falling through his dark mouth as he continues to embrace her, “I don’t know if I can be fixed.” He breathes her in desperately, seeking solace from her presence selfishly like he’s always done, knowing that his darkness could hurt her but refusing to force her away, unable to pry himself from her.

He finds himself pulling her deeper into his cavern, using her to cause the darkness and demons to flee; reminding himself that he is deserving of a good woman like Keeper, of her affections and her care. “Keeper,” he says her name again, this time as he has done in the past - with warmth in his voice and an almost trickle of laughter within it as she takes no heed to his warnings. He wonders if he were to run head first off a cliff if she would follow.

The thought rouses them and he becomes still for a moment, ears tipping back and flickering behind him carefully, wondering if they were ready to pounce at him once again. He hears them rustling within the confines of the damp stone and rock, sharp claws and hunched, terrible bodies moving fluidly between the shadows. But they do not come at him, not yet, so the fear in his eyes falls away as he presses his gaze into her once again, drunk off the love and adoration in their familiar depths.

“And it’s always been you,” he finally replies, his breath warm as it pulses hotly against her neck. He inhales, a bated breath that hangs precariously in the air, before quietly adding: “Do not leave me tonight.”

Balto

@[keeper]
    she is so cute 
    i just can't!

Messages In This Thread
    walking on sunshine; balto - by keeper - 05-31-2020, 07:22 AM
    RE: walking on sunshine; balto - by Balto - 06-01-2020, 03:00 PM
    RE: walking on sunshine; balto - by keeper - 06-10-2020, 07:57 AM
    RE: walking on sunshine; balto - by Balto - 06-12-2020, 09:09 AM
    RE: walking on sunshine; balto - by keeper - 06-14-2020, 01:54 PM
    RE: walking on sunshine; balto - by Balto - 06-14-2020, 08:36 PM
    RE: walking on sunshine; balto - by keeper - 07-18-2020, 02:43 PM