• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  as the sun sinks in the sea - aletta

A silver mare approaches as Chasity shakes water from her mane.

Nalani’s splashing quietens at once as she surveys the stranger with trepidation. She watches cautiously for a moment (for she is a timid young thing; Chasity has been perhaps a little too overprotective of her only child in these foreign lands). Then, seemingly content that the silver mare is no threat to them, she grins wildly.

“I’m not a fish! I’m a dolphin!” she calls to the mare.

She rears up, kicks her back legs, then continues gallivanting along the river.

“Oh yes, just like her mother,” Chasity laughs. “I grew up by the water.”

But of course, it was not upon the riverbanks that she spent her childhood days but the waterfalls, where the cascading water roared wild in her ears and the cool spray beaded in her mane. On the days that she did not spend splashing in the shallows she chased butterflies or picked wildflowers with the azure glow of water and lush greenery growing abundant around her.

Her heart twists sharply in her chest.

It is not just the land that she aches for but the memories of her loved ones; her sweet sons and their darling father, the silver-dappled stallion with the goofy grin and love-struck eyes. She can picture him now, the two of them laying together beneath the shelter of the weeping willows, the cascading water a gentle lullaby as entwined, they sleep.

She has never felt so far away from home.

But there is a time for mourning and it is not here, standing beneath the warm sunshine with her daughter and this kind stranger at her side. Nalani’s laughter fills her ears once more and she turns to the silver mare with a smile.

“I hope she wasn’t disturbing you,” she apologises. “What brings you to the river this morning?”

CHASITY

listen to the birds sing softly.

@[aletta] take as long as you need! :)

Messages In This Thread
    as the sun sinks in the sea - aletta - by Chasity - 05-31-2020, 05:54 AM
    RE: as the sun sinks in the sea - aletta - by Chasity - 06-06-2020, 10:25 PM