• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

something wild calls you home

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

You know me by now, don't you Silver Tongue? The usage of such a title gave pause to what might have been Scorch's hasty exit. And Nerine here must have a name.

"Hrmph," she grumbled and straightened, ears pressed back (though not to a stern degree). Upon closer inspection of Nerine herself (she who yet chose to remain nameless), Scorch noted with a snort and an unintentional flick forward of her charred ears that the other wore similar burn scars in the same place. Curious, to say the least... Perhaps she would inquire later.

A semi-familiar voice worms its way into the granite-like silence which falls upon the three hardened women, claiming to have never heard of such a dragon as Scorch spoke. "Eurwen!" Laughs the rat, lips parting all at once into a grin that somehow doesn't manage to make her any uglier. After a brief press of those self same lips to the beautiful girl's -- err, woman's poll (for Scorch never claimed to be anything but touchy and intimate with her kin), Scorch speaks again, this time with a chastising tone. "The way I remember it, granddaughter, is that someone was too busy having adventures to listen to her grandmother's tall tales." The half truth sat easy on Scorch's tongue, made plausible by the undeniable warmth of her smile.

Then, the unnamed Nerinian to whom Eurwen's body language deferred speaks up, asking of Scorch a question.

"Who, Aletta?" She asked, bemused and not quite grasping the woman's query. She leaned away from the gray with a skeptical squint of her eyes before grinning and leaning towards her, bumping her nose to the other's shoulder. Though she begrudged herself these familiarities, the fact of being within "home's" borders forced her hand. Err, hoof.

"She and I go way back, to all of yesterday, in fact." She looks to the bald-faced mare, sobering up some. "I told her I knew of a place she might like to call home and brought her here. Perhaps, for my troubles, you or whoever the hell runs this swamp these days could promote me from pipsqueak to small fry diplomat."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

"@[Lilliana]"
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    something wild calls you home - by aletta - 05-28-2020, 11:57 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 06-09-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 06-16-2020, 08:10 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Neverwhere - 06-21-2020, 10:02 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 06-23-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 06-26-2020, 01:14 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Eurwen - 06-28-2020, 07:15 AM