• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  light a candle, cast a shadow [any]
    Flint and his mate do not always take care to disquisition their scent or their coming; they are wolves and do not care nor do they scare easily. It is their purpose to guard her among other things but in their minds, that is tantamount to all else. May would disagree but that is the nature of her magic and her own ideas of how it should work that war against each other inside her. The mated pair should have their own pack and not run with her but that is how it goes and she has tried to buck the magic that runs in her veins to no avail.

Not to mention the scent of lavender that precedes her. She could not hide if she tried to. Unless she ripped all the flowers from her mane and tail but that seemed downright cruel and painful they’ve taken root amongst the hair, also magically but she no longer questions this world into which she was born some years ago. Even if she did, there usually are no answers unless one wanted to seem ungrateful for their gifts and be stripped of them and May was rather fond of her flowers and her wolves despite it all.

May laughs, a refreshing sound that she doesn’t make often in the company of horses. She was more at home with the wolves than she realized as she stands there, glancing between the waterfalls and the palomino.  “They’ll find me easily enough, they always do. Doesn’t make for a very fun game of hide and seek,” she admits with another laugh, again thinking of how her size and scent gives her away all too easily. Sometimes, she sensed them giving her an advantage she never really had and knew them to be holding back in their games to make it just a tad bit fairer.

There is a considerable amount of quiet that spans the space of minutes between them. She follows the way the golden mare looks at the wolves and lowers her eyes to meet their plain uninquisitive gazes then sweeps out back to the roaring water. May doesn’t bother to decipher the things that pass in the other’s face, it ends up in a show or careful neutrality anyway and she is fine with that. Her own face remains open with a hint of a smile playing about her lips. Then the question comes and for a moment, she’s not sure how to answer.

May is far too honest to a fault; “I did, once. Born here actually then I left and I’ve just now come back. I don’t know if I can really claim to live here any more than the birds do that pass through.” The truth stung her just a little, because it felt like home still and was all too familiar and real to her but at the same time, it wasn’t. She didn’t know if that scared her or meant she needed to set foot down a new path and go exploring again despite having just returned. But had she really explored here, not just Tephra but the accompanying lands around her?

She blinks, “I’m guessing you don’t live here so can I ask where you call home?” May hopes she isn’t being too forward but supposed it did no harm to ask. It didn’t seem like the palomino meant harm to this place or herself, not that she would have been worried anyway - the wolves would have seen her off if they sensed an inkling of ill intent. “There is more to see than the twin waterfalls too, if they don’t interest you as much…” she offers lamely, not sure if she should take the mare on a jaunt around the volcano but there were wild natural gardens of flowers lush and blooming to behold, rivers of lava and water that met and crisscrossed like lovers, and the grand old dame of a volcano herself that sometimes still belched cinders and smoke.

@[Beryl]

Messages In This Thread
    light a candle, cast a shadow [any] - by Beryl - 05-28-2020, 11:17 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow [any] - by may - 05-29-2020, 12:11 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow [any] - by may - 06-10-2020, 08:28 AM