• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if i never wandered

halcyon
    a tight-pressed line keeping
    a wildfire on the inside

Halcyon doesn't intend for his emotional influence to reach Aoibhe ─ but he is glad that it does. The suspicion melts away from her face, leaving only warm eyes and the sincerity of her smile. The moment strikes Halcyon as quite beautiful, and his breath is taken away from him. By the time the crimson-and-ivory mare responds to his words, the tiger-shifter has no problem falling into the easy way she laughs.

Despite this effect, this sudden grasp he has fund himself caught in, the young man doesn't have an easy time of projecting his emotions for all to see. It reminds him of the blind, sky-painted woman he'd met when he'd just turned old enough to wander away from home on his own; he had felt the same rapid staccato in his chest the day he'd met Jenger and it has manifested itself awkwardly. He is destined to repeat it forever, apparently, and soon finds himself at a loss for words.

Halcyon is able only to offer laughter as she continues the jest about their chipmunk friend ─ and then promptly feels lucky when she continues the conversation of her own accord. He does not miss the way her face drops, though it lasts only for a moment, before she turns his question back on him.

The tiger hesitates just long enough to think about mentioning what he had seen, but whether because he doesn't want to intrude or can't work up the nerve to do it, he lets the juncture lapse.

“I was born here, actually,” he tells her happily before pointing his striped chin to the distant west. “In a place called Ischia.” Regardless of his newfound interest in the woman before him, Halcyon finds it easy to talk about Ischia. It's a place he is proud of and has always loved. “Do you like islands, Aoibhe?” he inquires, genuinely curious of her answer, but also finding an opening to invite her to see it. The tiger waits expectantly for her response, his interest evident in the tilt of his head and the eagerness of his feline ears.

@[Aoibhe]
    “”

n | r

Messages In This Thread
    if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-26-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-26-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-26-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-27-2020, 04:58 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-27-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-30-2020, 09:07 PM