• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a fistful of anything is still a fist.
    GHAUL
    And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire
    He leaves Yadigar weeping and trembling in the Cove with his sister and the corpse they created together. There are other matters that require his attention. He lands with a heavy thud, his wings kicking up a swirl of red dust before he settles. Slowly, Ghaul turns his head and surveys his home, examining each of the outlines he has become so familiar with. There is one in particular that he requires today. Of course, he could track the figure down, but his nose is not as keen as his son’s and he prefers to reserve his energy for now.

Instead he lifts his chin and issues the call. Wolfbane. His tone is neither demanding or angry, but rather neutral. It is time they spoke once more, he thinks as his talons eagerly paw at the dry clay beneath him. In exchange for his head, Loess will willingly thrust itself into the fire and burn at his command. Yet, he may have something to offer Pangea still. His small ears turn this way and that as he watches his surroundings for anyone who might approach. After all, the Pangeans are a curious bunch who tend to gather when the energy is right.

There are clouds gathering on the horizon that his vision does not pick up. In a few hours, spring rains will bring this desert to life in a way he will never be able to appreciate. He can smell the coming storm, however. He knows the coral deer will bring their fawns to drink from the streams that develop. Would he hunt them alone or would Wolfbane remain his ally long enough to join him, he wonders?

He croons softly to himself in thought. Perhaps he will bring a severed leg to his brood as a treat.

The sound of someone approaching from behind distracts him from his ideas as he looks over his shoulder. “Wolfbane. Loess and Nerine are after your head, and I am inclined to consider their bargaining,” he admits with a smile curling at the corners of his scar tissue lips. He has always been rather upfront about his intentions, and this conversation is no exception. “But I value you. We have accepted you as a Pangean, and I do not turn easily on my people.

He turns now, facing the other directly as his tail swings back and forth anxiously.

The others have given me proof of their loyalty – defended our borders, raised me as a child, or stolen prisoners. Today I require your proof. Destroy something you value, so I don’t have to.

And then he watches him. Ghaul would lay down his life for his family, for his kingdom, and he would be glad to do it. A sacrifice brought him into this world and it would undoubtedly be his demise. But if he is to spare blood, then another’s must be shed.

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    a fistful of anything is still a fist. - by ghaul - 05-25-2020, 04:02 PM