• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the birds i'll share this lonely view | svedka
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Though Pteron cannot forget the electrifying night that they had spent together or the promise to seek him out, the dun stallion has spent weeks beneath the Tephran sky before he seeks out Svedka.

There existed no temptation strong enough to pull Pteron from Aegean’s side, not as the birth of their children drew nigh. Then had been birth itself, and the sudden existence of two small creatures who are reliant on him in a wholly overwhelming way. Overwhelming and wonderous, so marvelous that he has not taken his eyes off them. The time spent alone in the jungle, just the four of them, is a blissful memory. That he will return to them soon brings a smile to his face. Perhaps Asena will be awake when he arrives at the nest, and he can show her the newly fledged toucans he had stumbled across.

For now though, the toucans and his family rest, and Pteron has other things on his mind.

He has caught the palomino’s scent a time or two, enough to know that the other horse is here. Never near enough that Pteron could call out for him though, but tonight that will change. He is no hound, but as he’d stepped out onto the beach that faces Ischia, the salt air had been thick with a familiar scent.

“@[Svedka]” he calls out, his voice pitched to carry toward the creature that is silhouetted against a beautiful sunset. The soft forest floor gives way to soft sand beneath his hooves, and then to firmer sand as the water washes over his ankles. “I always forget that most places have beaches,” the blue-haired stallion muses aloud, his eyes on the water and then the brilliantly orange and purple sky. “You should include the beach as a benefit the next time you lure someone to Tephra.” Though he does not look at Svedka as he says this, there is a mischievous grin on his dark mouth at the lighthearted accusation.

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    with the birds i'll share this lonely view | svedka - by Pteron - 05-23-2020, 08:42 AM