• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

She feels warm and it has nothing to do with the summer night air, nor the heated pool she finds herself in. No, it’s entirely to do with his actions, and she knows she would have followed him even if she had not been certain that he knew her before. For a brief moment she wonders if this is why she doesn’t recognise her children in him; had she always been a little easy? In fact, she might follow him everywhere hereafter, that is, if he’d allow it. It’s a thought that seems both a sure thing and not, to her, but she’s not here tonight to bother herself with the future, nor her past. Perhaps she should, but honestly, she just can’t focus enough on her thoughts to truly care.

And why would she, if everything seems perfect for the moment?

He comes back to her, and she can’t suppress a smile - though she doesn’t even try - the thought of him returning to her is comforting. He is her clouded sunlight - not too hot, not burning, but a pleasant warmth like a spring day; his color hints of sky blue only enhance this effect. She can’t remember if it’s always been like that, but right now he is her homing beacon, and that is enough. He is enough. And he never will be enough, either - she’d never get enough of him, or at least that’s how she feels right now.

”Then I’ll take what I can get.” she says into his sun-coloured coat with a smile, following it up with a trailing of her nose down his neckline. ”I’m sure you’re inventive enough to avoid whomever you want to at any given time, but I’d hate to discover you’re right about your sisters’ ability to track you down.” She may never know if she behaved like this once before or never had, but for now, it feels all logical and right. She knows him, even if she doesn’t remember; the traces of his skin are familiar and comforting, and she can’t help but wonder about the way one patch of white ends and another of gold, begins. There’s so much of him to memorise - she’d better start now, before whatever caused her blackout takes it all away - perhaps the idea, the danger of that, of losing it again, makes her want to try harder. She had not remembered him, but she knew somehow he would be there, would be right for her.

This time, she will do everything to remember him.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

@[Svedka]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma - by Ilma - 06-11-2020, 01:30 PM