• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

There's little, if anything, about him that she can resist, and it's a mine-field for her. True, he seems kind and all that, but it just feels so unlike herself to pulled in that much, straight away. But what other hopes does she have of finding herself again? If she can do it together with a... friend, if friend is the right word - then she should. It's better than the alternative - going alone or, light forbid, with someone who means her harm. She cannot believe he is the latter however, which is perhaps exactly what brings her on that doorstep - a line she doesn't feel like she should cross, but nevertheless she wants to. And she knows it's weird about her to want to.

Her skin tingles with the salty warmth he brushes towards her, though the alabaster woman attempts to wade in further; pretending not to be fazed. His first comment is defensive, and she knows she's hit a core as he says they would appreciate the effort. "I'm sure they will." she says, her tone however seems to be distracted, absent even. She is more focused on the horizon, the clouds around the lonely mountain in the distance - and then with the warm droplets spraying her head. "Hey!" she fusses, trying to sound offended - but she cannot be against his playful eyes. She turns halfway around on her hind, which lifts her chest and most of her forelegs momentarily out of their bath water, effectively splashing him back on her sideways turn. "A shower then." she prompts, teeth reaching for his forelock for a pull if she can.

It's then that she finally decides to let go. What the hell - if this isn't the old her, then it's gotta be the new one.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

@[Svedka]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma - by Ilma - 05-29-2020, 04:33 AM