• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma

let my shadows prove the sunshine

The tepid water moves lazily past him, soothing the soft ache in his muscles from their journey as it passes over his tired legs. In this particular small breadth of stream, the depth is rather shallow as the water eagerly laps at the base of his shoulders and chest as he stops in the middle. The sunshine, despite its slow departure towards the horizon, is still intense against the gold and ivory patches of his body, familiarly soaking him in warm rays of dying sunlight. The nearing sunset has begun to paint the world around them in deep gold, turning even the bright green stalks of nearby grass a yellow hue. 

She has turned nearly molten in the fading light and he watches her intently as she enters the slow-moving stream. A delicate and almost secretive smile appears on his now-golden lips as her timid laugh fills the quiet evening air, both of them bathed in warm Tephran sunlight. She enters the pool and comes alongside him, bumping as she does so. Playfully, he stretches his neck to scratch his blunt teeth against her smooth neck and instead of withdrawing, allows his mouth to dampen the curve of her, whuffling gently into her mane. He smiles against her skin, feeling coy and wild beneath the setting sun. He laughs, tossing his head and pulling away from her as he feigns offense at her comment. 

“I’m sure my sisters would appreciate the attempt, at least.” He rolls his shoulder that is closest to her, the movement brushing his skin against hers while he takes a fluid side-step closer as they wade in the warm waters. “Besides,” he begins, lowering his head close to the surface, “there’s never a bad time for  a swim.” Svedka lifts his head quickly, bringing droplets of water with him to splash her. 

svedka

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma - by Svedka - 05-24-2020, 09:27 AM