• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    In Hell I'll be in good company // Leilan
    The heart of the matter is quickly addressed, and I'm ready to be on my way, but there are some details it seems we can't escape. Where is she now? My gaze goes distant as red cliffs and barren desert flashes before my sight, replacing the mud and the cold with the memory of unforgiving heat. 

My throat is dry when I grimace in reply, head shaking to rid myself of the hateful sensations. 

"Pangea." 

The word is bitten off and spat out like a bitter weed, coating my tongue in a flavor that lingers. When I focus my gaze on the ice lapped stallion again, it's her face I'm seeing, wan and worn. Even now my own face bears traces of my own time spent in the desert kingdom. New scars along my back flicker with lightning quick sparks. New venom in my heart. 

Face thunder cloud dark, I shake my head. "Not kindness, no. I have very little of that to spare. But there is solidarity among prisoners, and I will honor that." I look at him harder then, still and silent as a thought wriggles in my mind. Pangea offered me nothing but grief, and sent me home with a living reminder that I hadn't the strength to erase. But I could move it. Out of sight, out of mind, and I can go on with my life a little less weighed down. 

"Now that you mention it, there is something you can do for me." I say, blinking languidly at the man. "I have a foal, sired on me by one of the Pangeans. I have no use for her, but you might find her... interesting." And why not. She is soon to be weaned, and I would not have kept her long after that anyway. The strange little thing would blend in here, among the black stones and the ruffians. Let the reminder of hell be gone from my sight. 

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Leilan - by Rebelle - 05-27-2020, 11:31 AM