• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't want to stay in the dark

To say that this particular stallion was in need of a fresh start was absolutely an understatement. Call it a mid-life crisis, but he had left his family - children grown with children of their own, and ventured into a world without the land he had been born into and the peace that absence left him with. Oh he missed it still, missed the faces, but the more time that passed, the easier it was to let go. Each beat of his silver-lined wings was a little more of the sting in the guilt and the pain fading away.

In place of those feelings he allowed himself to feel things he had not in a long time - hope, excitement, curiosity.

It’s getting close to dusk by the time he lands in an open field, his all-silver eyes bright as they scan the area around him. It is hard to judge a whole continent based on a first cursory glance, but at least this place isn’t dripping with poisonous glowing plants so it is already an improvement on some of the other places he has seen.

His dark face, the parts that haven’t already been silver his whole life, is flecked with grey hairs and there is a casual ease to the way he moves. Not the nonchalance of youth but a confidence earned from being tossed into the fire again and again and still coming out alright in the end. Maybe not exactly whole but that was the ever-present fight to become, was it not? Whatever this place ended up being, whoever he ended up meeting, he knew that it did not have to be permanent.

But still, like he had throughout all of his life, Mesec held onto hope.

Mesec

Please forgive any rustiness I'm still figuring him out!

Open to any! Except Tephra and Pangea and Taiga but like, anyone else. Idk.

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want to stay in the dark - by Mesec - 05-18-2020, 09:10 PM
    RE: I don't want to stay in the dark - by Leilan - 05-19-2020, 12:27 PM
    RE: I don't want to stay in the dark - by Malone - 05-25-2020, 08:08 PM
    RE: I don't want to stay in the dark - by Mesec - 05-25-2020, 08:38 PM
    RE: I don't want to stay in the dark - by Leilan - 05-27-2020, 12:05 PM
    RE: I don't want to stay in the dark - by Malone - 06-10-2020, 11:42 PM
    RE: I don't want to stay in the dark - by Mesec - 06-29-2020, 06:45 PM