• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

She was out of patience for the tobiano stallion. The pink white shells of her ears tipped backward, neck stiff and snaky. One after another, her steps brought her closer to him. Teeth gleaming dully, she smiled.

"If you would like to argue about your place in this territory, I would be more than happy to clarify things for you. After I find my children." Her eyes followed Aodhan as the gentle shifter stallion made his way to the sea, his body suddenly sinuous and twisting. She was eager to follow him, but Ivar's next words froze her to the spot. Ice ran in her veins. Never before had this kind of cold rage found the mare, and she found herself trembling. 

"You harm one of my folk, and your own life is forfeit. And if you touch even one scale on my children, I will kill you myself." It was not a question, or even a suggestion. It was a solemn oath that she did not doubt her ability to follow through with. Not in that moment. Her stillness matched his own, a mare made of white stone and brittle shell. 

Without breaking eye contact, she lifted her head, lips peeled away from her teeth. The fins along her crest flared like a posturing fish's. Aquaria had never been a large mare. She was not tall, or broad. Most days there was nothing particularly intimidating about her at all. Today was not most days. Not to anyone who was witness to the ferocious spark now burning in her eyes. 

"Brennen," She was glad that there was no tremble to her voice. "I would be very grateful if you would stay here with Ivar while Aodhán and I go search Kelpie. Please." Up until the last word, where her traitor voice cracked. A deep breath steadied her for the time being. "I trust you to keep him from doing anything foolish. And if he does. Do as you see fit." Her teeth clipped together, words bitten off. It was time to go. She needed to go. They were just wasting time bickering here, and she was sick of it.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Aquaria - 06-18-2020, 06:39 PM