• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

She was livid. She was terrified. 

She had screamed herself hoarse when she'd returned to the beach she'd left them on, the twin foals playing in their nursery shores. She hadn't worried, and oh gods she was paying for that now. The fear that had followed her back from Loess roared to life when it had been so recently learning to sleep, and she roared with it. 

Her children. Gone. The only evidence they had been there at all was washing away as the tide came in. When she had worn herself out calling their names and diving the waters that they'd been playing near with no results, her aching body was left on the beach shivering and cold. Where were they? A thousand scenarios rolled through her mind, each one more tragic than the last. Sapped of adrenaline and with a stark hope she made her way to the cove they called home, only to feel that hope shatter inside her when no little faces greeted her there. 

The next morning, her message was clear: Show up, or lose your isle. She fully intended to follow up with that threat. Those who arrived on the meeting beach were met with her ragged face, no gills or scales to be found. Her mane and tail remained aquatic, if shrunken, the only vestiges of her marine form. She was spent, exhausted, and had no temper to be spared.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Brennen] @[Ivar] @[Tywll] @[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Aquaria - 05-18-2020, 09:55 AM