• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    There is a flash of irritation when he shakes himself off and flings cold water on her in the process, but Desire has learned not everyone was raised with proper manners, and though this is a strike against him, it’s not enough to make her leave. The pointedly unapologetic look in his eye is, in fact, what keeps her there. He was looking at her in a way as though he expected her to react; to either be angry or offended. But her momentary annoyance is replaced by indifference, though really it is masking her piqued curiosity. This felt like it might be the beginnings of a game – something dangerous and unpredictable.

It was not possible for someone to be as handsome as him and not be dangerous, because if there is anything she has learned about pretty things, is that rarely are they just for looks.

He steps closer to her, and it does not occur to her to step away. She is used to strangers wanting to come closer, either because she has drawn them closer by crafting herself into an illusion of someone they want, or simply because they are intrigued by the galaxy that spills across the white of her skin. He wants something, but she cannot figure out what. A quick perusal of all the usual checkpoints leaves her empty-handed, since there did not currently seem to be anyone that this man was romantically desiring – not even her, though he was examining her so closely and feeding her some line about keeping him warm. “Keep you warm?” She feigns a look of surprise, as though she is flattered he would ask such a thing of her. “You can’t tell me a handsome man like you doesn’t already have someone else honored with that job. I’d hate to make her jealous.”

It is her turn to take a step closer now, to get a better look at the golden edging and the sapphire blue of his scales. She reaches out to touch him, perhaps a little too boldly, since he is entirely unreadable to her. The texture is unlike anything she has felt yet, having somehow avoided all the dragon-creatures that seem to crawl across this land. She laughs at his question, expelling a warm breath across his skin, her black eyes artfully avoiding his face as she lies without so much as a flutter of her pulse, “No, being pretty is the only thing I’m good at.”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone - by Desire - 05-26-2020, 01:05 AM