• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the missing pieces of my heart finally collide | aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

The colors around them grow muted then, the motions slowing from their initial joyful leaps to slow and deliberate. The colors turn pastel—soft shades of mauve and sage—and begin to spiral into the air and then shower down like supernatural drizzle. Aegean tips his head back to watch the display, feeling something like a deep-rooted joy spread through the very marrow of his bones.

So this was the other side of the coin.

This was the other side of the sorrow that he had felt for all of those months away from Pteron. The way that his heart had crumbled between his touch, leaving him feeling nothing but the emptiness in its wake.

He finds that he does not mind.

He would have felt that grief, that mourning, for years. Would have run himself ragged, torn himself asunder, just for the simple joy of curling next to the winged stallion and the life blooming in his belly.

“I was very much the same as a child as I am now,” he muses. He had never felt like childhood had truly transformed him. He had practically been born into this world fully formed. Perhaps simply the effect of the magic that had given him permission to live or simply because of the way that he is.

Regardless, he finds that he likes to imagine what Pteron must have been like.

“I hope that they are exactly like you,” he smiles as he turns his antlered head and brushes a kiss against the other’s mouth, tasting the sweetness there and lingering. “So that I may have the joy of learning what it is like to chase them as I have learned what it is like to spend my days chasing after you.”

A soft laugh as he stretches and feels the sun peek through to wash over them both.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all the missing pieces of my heart finally collide | aegean - by aegean - 06-05-2020, 12:46 AM