• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Carnage)

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

ah - she should’ve expected the sudden appearance. Really, if she wasn’t so wrapped up in herself, the moment Carnage blinked into her line of sight might’ve been handled with a little better decorum than she shows. Her wings, inky black and dipped briefly at the tips with white markings, flutter at her sides in alarm. Eyas takes a step back, but the tangle of overgrowth prevents her from going any further. She’s left blinking and waiting instead, until he speaks her name.

A million thoughts race through her head, then, none of which alter her expression of astonishment. The first few are logical questions; is this place real or imagined? Fabricated, maybe? No; it’s not. One hesitant hoof rising and swaying over the grass tells her it’s not. The smells and sounds confirm her suspicions as well. Is he real, then? Something tells her she shouldn’t try to figure that out. The gray stallion’s presence is almost like an imploding star, heavy and boundless, dragging everything in towards the center of him - even Eyas. She feels compelled to draw nearer, even if the iridescent dun stripe on her back rises in prickling fear at the very thought.

She listens, fighting the urge without much success. His question has a strange effect on Eyas’s willpower, changing her earlier shock into strong curiosity, and hesitantly she reasons that any further resistance would be stupid of her. Very stupid. She gives in and ambles closer, thinking carefully before replying, “Questions.”

Late-night query’s about her father had kept her up. Perhaps she could blame her current circumstance on that train of thought which seemed to be most pressing right before she’d stumbled into this place. “Questions… that you could answer?” She guesses tentatively, not yet seeing the point of it all. Her eyes, similar to twinkling black stones, twitch every time they try to take in the shape of him. To her, his body is motionless but moving anyway. Blurry and incomprehensible to her feeble, mortal mind. But she feels… something deeper. Something inside of herself that stirs restlessly in his presence.

EYAS

@[Carnage]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Carnage) - by Eyas - 05-18-2020, 02:37 PM