• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gold cage; hostage to my feelings; tamlin

Tamlin waits while she eats - surprised a little that a horse eating flesh is no different than watching a wolf. He might have diverted his eyes, but he could see the glint of hers on him while she feasted and if this creature can watch him, then he can certainly watch her back.

It doesn’t take as long as he thought, and he was just about to ask her whether the bones caused any problems, when she invites him to have the rest.

After only a heartbeat of thought, Tamlin approaches. He does not feel any sense of unease while near this fish-eating girl. Should he? She’s shown no aggression towards him so far, just towards the unfortunate catfish. Whether it’s bravery or stupidity, Tamlin steps clower - lowering his head to the fish. It stinks but he doesn’t jerk back his head like he wants to. He is careful not to get his hair in the goo, though, as it cascades down around him.

This feels like a game, one that he thinks he knows the rules to. It is like something he would play with his siblings or his wolf friends - and just as he would with them, he shows no fear or hesitation with this firefly-adorned mare. He takes one bite and holds the gooey flesh in his mouth for a moment, tasting it, before opening his mouth again and letting it fall out.

Far from being defeated though, he just laughs as he raises his head up again. “Guess I’m just a boring old herbivore after all.” He doesn’t retreat (that’s part of the game too, isn’t it?) and instead just grins through the darkness. “Worth a shot though.” This would be a great time for him to have been one of the luck siblings to glow but the others sucked up all that light before he could get any of it.

“I’m Tamlin, what's your name?”

t a m l i n

artwork by space1993

@[Celina]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings; tamlin - by Tamlin - 05-29-2020, 01:33 PM