• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue // any

Though her approach caused auditory vibrations, the stallion heard nothing. The grass he'd neglected to consume as of late engrossed him to a degree he hadn't anticipated. Her scent (cloaked by the river's waters), too, evaded him. Only when the mare reached a distance of two meters from him did Rhaegor notice her, and by then, she'd already begun her circling.

He took a private, instantaneous inventory of her.
    Female. My height. White and blue with wings like mine. Sharp teeth... Long jaw. Analyzing my -- wounds.

With the last of his hasty meal making its way towards his stomach, Rhaegor lifted his skull and snapped his ears backwards and then towards the mare, one tilted sideways. Veiled curiosity. Her circles continued for half a minute and during that time the stallion considered interrupting them, breaking the formation of their unspoken and spontaneous dance. But he did not move. Instead, he watched with one ear trained on the mare and with a gentle swish of his tail about his ankles.

His throat clenched at her words.
    Who are you?
    The sound of them warbled with the uncertainty of one who spoke little. Slurred, careless.

The shame he felt at hoping she might be a mute like him outweighed his excitement.
    I've never met another like me.

His jaw clenched, reminding him that he needed to respond to the mare in front of him instead of just staring at her with the hard brown of his eyes. At first he moved to utilize his telepathy -- but....

Something about her begged of him his best effort.

Willing himself to speak, he parted his lips and felt his ears bending towards his skull. As the river flowed next to them, he knew it would drown out what he had to say. But he couldn't manage to say anything at all.

All that came were dry, insect-like clicks. The spasming of the back of his throat.

"Qke-qke-qke-qke."

What else did you expect.
    It doesn't matter who you are, anyway.

Beside them, the river continued within its well-worn groove.

[Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue // any - by Rhaegor - 05-18-2020, 12:15 AM