• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lay me over a broken altar

xi
    our gospel is living flesh sprawled in dust

The snowy season had coaxed a large number of Beqanna's nomads away from the common lands, leaving Xi behind to explore them undisturbed. In turn, the ivory and incarnadine woman left the lands the way she'd found them ─ with the only exception being the Forest, where she'd shattered a fairly large oak into a hundred pieces following a particularly large owl's hoot from a nearby tree limb. Wooden debris had rained down upon the snow, creating random pockmarks as they settled. The owl had not lingered for long.

Xi had left soon after, shaking bits of tree bark casually from her aeolian two-toned mane.

The usually stoic woman flutters her translucent wings upon arrival to the Meadow ─ a habit that had formed during childhood whenever she'd happened across something that had charmingly surprised her. The Meadow contained less snow than expected, its tall grasses only coated by a thin layer of frost, prompting this gentle expression of excitement from an otherwise indifferent creature.

She moves through the silence with gentle and measured steps upon the hardened winter earth. Cold shoots of grass move against her lean legs and ivory barrel as she roams nearer to the area not yet snuffed by regular grazing. Snorting quietly against the chill, Xi raises her angular head and surveys what she can see of the Meadow with her harsh lavender eyes ─

There is no one to be seen nearby, prompting another gentle flutter of her peach and purple butterfly wings, before she lowers her head to the earth and closes her eyes against the winter sun for a midday nap.

@any
    “”

n | a

If your character speaks in a voice louder than a whisper or anything loud happens nearby, feel free to powerplay what thing(s) explode near them! ♥
    Xi possesses Spontaneous Shattering.
    Noises louder than a whisper result in nearby objects exploding.

Messages In This Thread
    lay me over a broken altar - by Xi - 05-09-2020, 05:10 PM
    RE: lay me over a broken altar - by Warlight - 05-10-2020, 01:51 PM
    RE: lay me over a broken altar - by Xi - 05-21-2020, 07:09 PM
    RE: lay me over a broken altar - by Warlight - 05-29-2020, 04:36 PM