• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  water keeps passing by as life does, in a dream

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

Leilan's ice-encrusted wings split the low-hanging grey clouds overhead. He coasts into land gracefully, greeted by a polite smile from Oceane and wide-eyed awe from Alcinder. He shifts seamlessly and paints on that familiar grin, prompting a similar one from the opaline mare. She lowers her head in greeting and coughs under her breath to conceal the small bout of laughter that had bubbled unexpectedly at his facetious greeting.

"Thank you for having us," she responds warmly as she rustles the feathered wings at her sides. Truth be told, she is quite pleased to be greeted by an absence of snow and ice ─ though certainly the ice-dragon has opposing thoughts. And his land will be restored, if he is willing to accept the help.

"Hi, Leilan!" Alcinder calls to the roan stallion, his silvered eyes inspecting his icicles appreciatively. Remembering his manners, and his mom's monologue on diplomacy, the young boy clears his throat and straightens his shoulders before continuing his greeting in a much more subdued tone ─ "It's nice to see you again! I'm sorry for, um... this."

Oceane flicks her ears towards her son, amused by the way he wars with himself. She had not expected the young boy to take her speech to heart. He is, after all, still young ─ and certainly not expected to behave the way an adult would in such a setting, though she is pleased he has recognized the gravity in their meeting.

Turning her attention back to the Isle's King, Oceane addresses the matter at hand without preamble. She has no desire to play around in the shallow waters of small talk when they know that both Leilan and Oceane would rather settle what can be settled. "I've come in hopes of remedying the relationship between the Isle and Loess. My Queen, Lepis, stands behind me in this decision ─ she has already traveled to Nerine to discuss the situation between the kingdoms, but understood the merit of me coming to speak with you directly, as well."

She pauses briefly to shift her weight more comfortably and to keep from bombarding the roan stallion with too much bureaucracy too quickly. "We would like to offer you the services of Noah, Queen of the Pampas. She has the ability to restore flora and has agreed to come to the Isle to assist in that." A brief, pleasant smile here. "And, in the meantime, we would also like to offer Loess' natural resources to you, if you and yours are in need of food."

Oceane ends her speech then and simply waits patiently, ready for questions or otherwise, and finds that she is silently hoping they have offered enough to the ice-dragon by way of reparations. Alcinder, sensing the end of his mother's diplomatic duties, grins up at the roan stallion and shifts his weight back and forth excitedly. "Noah's magic sounds cool. Can I be here when she fixes everything?"

"@[Leilan]"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: water keeps passing by as life does, in a dream - by Oceane - 05-22-2020, 09:49 AM