• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy

halcyon
    a tight-pressed line keeping
    a wildfire on the inside

It doesn't dawn on Halcyon until the question has been posed that Pteron could deny him his request, if he really wanted to. The boy doesn't know the inner-workings of his mother's relationship with the teal and white stallion, but he does know that they are important to each other. And it's this fact, tied neatly with the knowledge that he and Pteron are also important to each other, that keeps the tiger grounded as his question hangs in the air.

They are family.

And Aquaria had taught him the importance of family.

Halcyon grins and enthusiastically leans into Pteron's embrace as the older stallion agrees to join him in Ischia, the man's internal war going unnoticed. Halcyon had never really considered Cormorant's parentage himself, had tucked it gently next to the mystery of his own birth parents (if he does have any ─ though he is happy to live with the assumption that he is borne of the ocean), never quite curious enough to ask Aquaria about it. They were family, that is all he knows. And that is enough.

“I knew you'd come, Uncle Pteron!” he says with laughter as their embrace ends. The tiger spins in a small circle before he faces towards the west, where he now knows Ischia lies. “Should we go now? Or is there anyone you need to tell?” He inquires excitedly, his verdant eyes moving away from Pteron and to the Forest around them, as if they will suddenly be joined by an unknown confidant, ready to join Halcyon and Pteron on their journey to the island kingdom.

@[Pteron]
    “”

n | r

Messages In This Thread
    RE: our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy - by Halcyon - 05-27-2020, 05:43 PM