• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

jackel –

A soft rustle above her head brings her yellow eyes blinking open. The pale cat is startled, but doesn’t betray so – the other feline dangling down from the branches above, eyes black and suspiciously freaky. Beqanna always has its surprises, doesn’t it? Even an old girl like City gets a bit of a shock once and again.

Instead of recoiling with a growl, City yawns, her flicking tail the only evidence of her heightened anxiousness. “I was.” she purrs with a drag in her tired voice. “Being old exhausts you.” she sits up on her haunches, the branch wide and strong enough for her to do so comfortably. “And what of you then?” she levels her cold eyes onto the suspended cheetah. “What are you doing all the way up here waking old jaguars from their slumber?

The darkness made it quite hard to see much. Bright, flickering lanterns hang all over, littered throughout the leafless branches of the tree tops. All light struggles to live, so the gentle pulse of firelight is dim, but enough to see some things if they’re close enough. Combined with keen feline vision, taking all available light to see the dark world, she is not so shook by the eclipse that has wallowed the world. (The monsters are a concern, for sure.)

@[Jackel] i hope this is an okay time to start this back up!
    and dont you dare apologize I ALREADY LOVE THIS WEIRDO xD

sorry my reply is 1000 moons after i said it would be <3

Messages In This Thread
    jackel – - by City - 05-05-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: jackel – - by Jackel - 05-09-2020, 01:17 PM
    RE: jackel – - by City - 03-26-2021, 09:02 AM