• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

jackel –
    I’ve lost track of time altogether

I don’t know my age or the count of years that have blurred past, and my only tick to some semblance of time passing is the number of wildlings I seem to keep giving birth to.  Which happens quite often anymore.  I’d say I need to take that down a notch too, like I thought I needed to not be such an adorably messy eater, but that would mean I’d have to give up the fun part of that business and I really enjoy the old wham bam thank you, ma’am, far too much to even consider that.  I mean, that’d be like asking the birds to stop buzzing and the bees to stop chirping.

Crazy.

The giant that holds me this evening is gentle and forgiving when I climb towards his crown, hardly flinching as my claws find purchase in his scratchy flesh.  I’ve cloaked myself with invisibility tonight, and I watch with waning amusement as the world slowly drifts by below me - until another feline catches the wild roll of my roving eyes as she approaches.

What’s this? we ask.
    Watch her and see what she does.
    Watch her and see.
    Watch her.
    Watch her.
    Watch her.
    Watcher.
    Watcher.
    Watch.

And I do, very keenly at that.

My tail flicks in anticipation as she easily makes her way to a perch just beneath me.  I take this as a sign of divine intention, but Haide tries to tell me otherwise - tries to tell me not to bother.  I shut her up with an apple in the piehole and my smile grows a tad more freakish when I decide to engage.  

My tail coils around the branch to act as an anchor, and melting my body into elasticity, I roll off the branch until I am hanging upside down, staring at her with my odd black eyes almost nose to nose with where her head rested.

“Hi, whaaaaaatcha doin’ all the way up here? Are you sleeping?”

@[City]
    first of all, i am sorry for this. second, for clarity sake she was an invisible cheetah watching city and then she turned off the invisibility to hang upside down like a freak and talk to her

Messages In This Thread
    jackel – - by City - 05-05-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: jackel – - by Jackel - 05-09-2020, 01:17 PM
    RE: jackel – - by City - 03-26-2021, 09:02 AM