• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a reason to shine, lilliana
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    The sun is almost too bright for Yadigar’s eye when Ghaul wakes him. He chirps in disapproval but the elder drake nudges his shoulder roughly to rouse him from the nest. The children should know the kingdom to whom they answer, Ghaul thinks, and so he spends each day touring Pangea with one of his brood. Today it is Gar’s turn, despite his protesting and the sluggish way in which he rises. A soft croon escapes his sire, beckoning him to follow as he begins the short journey from the Cove and into the canyons.

Why do we have to be up so early? I’m so tired,” he pouts as his little legs nearly trot to keep up with the prince’s long strides. There is a rasping laugh in reply as the blind monster turns to regard him for a moment. The babies all stayed up too late playing each night, he knows, but he doesn’t feel like lecturing the boy about it for the time being. Eventually, waking them up early will set their schedules straight.

His thoughts are distracted when he spots a familiar outline up ahead, though, and he tilts his head curiously. Yadigar follows his gaze to Lilliana, but she is entirely unfamiliar to him. Still, he follows along beside his father and gives her his best first impression – a smile of needle-like teeth and politely tucked wings. His small club tail idly swings back and forth as Ghaul leans forward, sniffing curiously at her before leaning down to his son.

This is Lilliana, I think. She stole me away to Nerine before you were even an egg,” he explains, laughing at the thought now. The words mean very little to Gar, who just nods and continues right on smiling as though he understands. And then the hellbeast brings his gaze back to her. “Are you visiting for diplomacy? Or just to chat with me?

The small colt’s smile fades and he gives a soft snort. “I’m Yadigar! But you can call me Gar if you want,” he interrupts, eager for the attention of a stranger. The larger creature shifts his weight and observes her, then, trying to guess what might have brought her here while he was away nesting.
    @[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    a reason to shine, lilliana - by ghaul - 05-04-2020, 08:33 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by lilliana - 05-05-2020, 09:53 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by ghaul - 05-06-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by lilliana - 05-08-2020, 08:42 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by ghaul - 05-10-2020, 11:47 PM