• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wait right here, tarte/any
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He does not understand things like beauty, nor will he ever. All things hold some promise of value to his golden eye and this holds true to Tarte as well. She is his friend now – a treasure to rival the bond he has with his sisters. The mere concept of it makes his heart sing joyously until it spills over into her and causes her smile to bloom. Yadigar can’t help but mimic the expression. He pauses and tilts his head innocently when she speaks.

No one has said your name?” he asks before realizing what she meant. “Oh! Well, they probably thought it, I’m sure.” He gives a nod, his aggressive optimism shining through. He finds his own name odd and sometimes annoying, preferring to simply go by his abbreviated nickname the majority of the time. But hers is easy and it sits right in his mouth just the way it is. Perhaps he could borrow it for whenever he tires of his own?

Loess. He’s overheard his father mention the word but it is hardly more than that to him, for now. Still, he is eager to learn all there is to know about Tarte and his eyes do not cease their delighted stare when she says it. “I’ve never been there. I’ve never been many places, really. Pangea has lots of dust and weird animals,” he explains, remembering the creatures warped by the residual magic lingering there. He imagines perhaps Loess is much the same in this regard. Or perhaps it is like the playground here?

While she winces at her own words, Yadigar simply laughs as though she has told a brilliant joke. He pauses in his circling and grins with all his needle teeth proudly. “Maybe you can visit some time, if you get bored or lonely. My parents are busy a lot of the time but they let us play in the canyons or at the beaches,” he offers, entirely unphased by the way her words tumble from her lips. She can overlook the strange milky eye staring blindly in her direction, visions of the future to come swirling in it, and so he finds it just as easy to do the same with her stutter. His focus remains entirely on the infinite possibilities of their new friendship instead.
    @[Tarte]

Messages In This Thread
    wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-03-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-06-2020, 10:50 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-25-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 05:38 PM