• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wait right here, tarte/any
    i don't want anything from her
    except her red apple heart.
    something i can bite into quickly
    without making a mess.
    His mother tells him he is an angel like her, but then why do the other children shy from him when he approaches? He wilts each time, inside and out, and shamefully skitters away from their sight. A bright milky eye stares off into nothing while a brilliant golden eye watches from the shade of an old magnolia tree. Yadigar’s claws grip a branch as he continues to peek from behind waxy leaves, somewhat camouflaged and safe from any other judgmental looks. The ones that do see him pretend to glance right over his face. Is it his little baby fangs? Is it the smell of wildfires across his skin?

He lowers his gaze to his little talons as he flexes them. His sisters are beautiful like his mother and he thinks it might be easier if he were like them. A slow sigh eases from his lungs and he lifts his chin to resume his spying. The world out there is bright and it full of laughter. Maybe if he brought a gift, then they would welcome him? Yadigar swallows nervously and looks around for anything that might convince someone to let him join their games. There is a squirrel that maybe he could catch if he’s quick enough, but girls like Cirilla tend to hate the sight of gore like that.

There is one last magnolia blossom clinging to the tree, perhaps confused, and he decides it is perfect. The little drake moves carefully, gripping each branch with nervous claws. Gar makes his way up three branches and then he edges closer to the flower. His knees tremble but he remains fixated on his prize. The branch bends a bit as he nears the flower and he cautiously lowers his head to take it between his teeth. He can’t fly just yet, but Gar has learned to glide.

With a nimble leap, he bursts from the branches and spreads his leathery wings. It only takes one flap to help him land carefully back on solid ground. His slender tail, which has only just begun to grow its lethal spikes, twitches from side to side as he considers which child he would present his flower to. That golden eye spots one who vaguely reminds him of his uncle and he wonders if she will be as kind to him as Draco. The thought brings a grin to his face and he happily trots over.

The young drake places the large flower at her hooves and then looks up at her, smiling with needle-like teeth.

I’m Yadigar. Will you be friends with me?” he asks, his eyes nearly pleading.

YadigaR
    when i close my eyes, i'm a statue
    that she wants to run her tongue over.
    when i close my eyes, i cut it off and keep it.
    @[Tarte]

Messages In This Thread
    wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-03-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-06-2020, 10:50 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-25-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 05:38 PM