• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and i'm falling to pieces, fiadh/any
    Mama, Papa, Aunt Tick, and her brother-cousin are all fast asleep when Fiadh slips away. Normally Ryan would awaken, cat-ears quite keen, but he’d fallen asleep with her mama and aunt in horse form, and Fiadh in cat-form was getting very sneaky. She wanders a ways away to practice her pouncing and catching – on birds and rabbits, since she is currently alone. Mama and Papa don’t mind her hunting, but she knows that Mikhael and Noma and Aunt Tick and Aunt Noah are a little squeamish about her eating other animals, so she tries to keep it out of their sight.

She’s patient, waiting, stalking; but suddenly the long-legged hare she has so carefully selected and tracked takes off, spooked by something galloping past. Startled herself she has a moment of indecision, but then in curiosity she takes off after the other young mare, nearly silent on huge paws. Fiadh is finally tiring, lungs burning and legs feeling like concrete, when the other girl comes to a full stop. The large cat drops flat to the ground, locks green eyes on the trio, and watches.

The pair does not immediately attack the filly Fiadh had been pursuing, so she considers only a moment before closing her eyes and sliding back into her equine skin. When she opens her eyes again she is lying on the ground and has to scramble upwards onto bright blue-purple legs, stepping forward out of the ground cover and smiling a little at everyone. “Hi! I’m Fiadh.” Her gaze slides towards her quarry and she says in a slightly admiring tone, “You’ve been running forever. Were you running from something?”

@[sylvanas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i'm falling to pieces, fiadh/any - by Fiadh - 06-14-2020, 09:39 PM