• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hello darkling my old friend
    Darkling

The snow falls, a pristine halo for the golden wraith that lingers within those wintery swirls. It's irony at its finest that a man who deals so much in shadow finds himself in an endless landscape of white.

Yet it suits him. The perfect canvas for the amber lines of his lean frame and handsome visage. Not that he had ever paid much heed to such things. No, his wealth does not lie in his appearance. It lies in the nimble curl of his beckoning fingers. Figuratively speaking, of course.

It lies in the shadows.

He has no real reason to be lingering in the hush of the snowy river. No reason behind pure whim. And it is that more than anything else that draws him to the hazy figure in the distance. Even when he recognizes the figure, he would say it is whim that keeps him there.

Others might say it is fate, but he'd never been much inclined to the fates.

A slow and wicked grin begins to curve his lips as he recalls why this particular horse is familiar. A grin that is accompanied by an evocative gleam in his dark eye.

Between one breath and the next, a large, shadow-black serpent is slipping towards Elio, winding weightlessly around limbs and shoulders with a creeping familiarity. A whispered greeting. "Hello friend."

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

Messages In This Thread
    hello darkling my old friend - by elio - 05-02-2020, 11:43 PM
    RE: hello darkling my old friend - by Darkling - 05-05-2020, 11:44 PM
    RE: hello darkling my old friend - by elio - 05-09-2020, 04:35 PM