• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not all who wander are lost; family!
    Aodhán

The second girl arrives quickly, sliding up to her sister in a familiar way - @[Oisin] and Eurwen used to be as thick as these two, and he tilts his green-eyes gaze towards the girls with mild amusement still written on his face. The overo-painted girl examines him closely, and with every twitch of her ears and eyes, every frown written on her scrutinizing face, he know she is Eurwen’s daughter too - it’s only the pink spots that makes him certain they’re not Sheen’s.

Her conclusion seems to lean mildly towards his statement, but they’re still unsure. Aodhán waits rather relaxedly, up until she asks about their grandparents. Hesitation clouds his eyes as he looks from one to the other, their expectant faces now fully on him. Eurwen hasn’t told them everything, and probably for a reason; but they can’t not be told at all - but, he also makes sure neither Wen nor Leilan is around before he lowers his head in a conspirational fashion. ”They were very devoted to eachother when I was born. I never got all the details of what was before, as there was a Plague in the lands and Icicle Isle was the only safe land in the north. Dad had claimed it for Nerine, or for mom.” he starts, smiling a bit at the sentiment of mentioning the Isle and his father’s obvious devotion to his mother - not Nerine, he was quite certain by now; it was similar to the way he had chosen to live in Ischia, to be nearer to Eva. ”Your grandmother, Breckin - and your great-grandma on my dad’s side, Scorch - were both Queens of Nerine, once. My mom left Beqanna and her job to Heartfire I was about your age, and dad followed her later. I don’t know what happened after that, but they returned separately, and my mom didn’t recognize me when I accidentally bumped into her.” he frowns a little, lifting his head, searching the moors. ”If you happen to run into a mare named Roz, it might be safer to avoid her for now.” his tone is sad when he mentions the latter, and he desperately hopes they take the message to heart.

That is until he spooks, recognizing Eurwen’s scent and voice.

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

Messages In This Thread
    Not all who wander are lost; family! - by Aodhan - 05-01-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost; family! - by Aodhan - 06-12-2020, 04:29 AM